Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The day I wipe away all my sins



I always knew that I wanted to get baptized, I just wanted to do it for me and no one else. Well most of my teen years my mother would literally force me and my brother to go to church with her! I remember I used to fake cry to my mom, with real tears now, when I didnt want to go to church. Most of the time it worked. Then when my brother got baptized there was a lot of pressure put on me, by my mother to get baptized. So like the stubborn child I was and took advantage at the fact that I was 18 and legally able to do most of what I wanted, and getting baptized wasnt part of that. So I guess I really shouldnt be all too surprised that my mom would turn this into a big thing.... It was a great day for her as well as me.

When I finally made the decision to do it I didnt want to make it a big deal. I wasnt even gonna tell too many people just my immediate family. But like my mom... tells everyone... I couldnt believe how much of my family came to support me. It made me feel so close to my family. Something I havent had too much growing up, unless they came to visit us in hawaii!! I felt Grandpa Oler smiling down on me and the rest of the family! It was such an exhilarating feeling... I literally felt at peace with myself and family!!

I want to thank the people that came to support me and my family. You have no idea how much it meant to me for you all to be there!! I love you all!! Cant wait to see the family in June for the reunion... Im trying so hard to make it!!!
\

No comments:

Post a Comment